Advice from Page of Swords
Silver Era Tarot
Today's card up for your reflection is the Queen/Swords. In traditional Rider Waite decks there are only three swords in the whole deck that are pointed absolutely upright, this Queen's, Justice, and Ace of Swords. Like Justice, this Queen embodies and symbolizes the ideals of honesty, truth, transparency and an intellectual life devoted to cutting away illusion.
This Queen dispels any attempt at coercion, dissembling or manipulation as she cuts to the heart of every issue with her keen and clear thinking. This Queen often comes up in readings when we need to take on the Queen's characteristics; undertaking to resolve an issue and most importantly, when we are not being treated fairly by others. This Queen has very healthy boundaries and is not afraid to let others know when they have crossed the line.
1. I need to shore up the following boundaries with others in my life... I need to do that by...
2. When someone is being dishonest or unclear with me I handle it by...
3. Women are often socialized to 'play nice' and not share outright feelings or opinions if it may be disruptive to others, this is how it has affected me... this is what I need to share...
4. I need to bring clarity in this area of my life... I am going to do that by...
Tarot of the Boroughs
Monday's 5 minute Tarot connection brings you the Knight of Cups! Knight in general in the Tarot mean action, youthful radiance and exploration. The Knight will whisk ladies upon their horse for a gorgeous and inventive night of romance and refinement. This Knight represents romance, sensitivity, imagination and action into one delightful whole. Most of Disney's Princes would fit the character of this Knight of Cups.
1. When was the last time you had a romantic night out?
2. What does romance mean to you outside of 'red roses, moonlit walks'? How can you include more romance in your daily life?
3. Knight of Cups represents the active giving of romance vs. the passive receiving of it, when is the last time you created a romantic atmosphere for another? Do you know that you can create that atmosphere for friends and not just for lovers?
4. Refinement is a word we do not often hear in our modern lives, do you
Can someone tell me which deck?
The Queen is a court card and court cards generally are expressed as a person, a personality type you need to adopt (or drop) or an action.
For Today's Tarot Connection we are concerned with home. The Queen/Pentacles always can find a spot for that ailing plant, another broken winged animal (or friend) to nurse back to health, and her stoop would probably be filled with herbs and bird feeders aplenty.
This Queen considers her home a haven for herself and for others, as well as a personalized extension of the natural world. This Queen is also very practical and resourceful, whether it be broken things or broken people she works to create a safe, healing bower filled with love, food and a trustworthy ear. (notice the bunnies at her feet? I love that!)
Without pretension, judgements, or much finesse she always welcomes you to her comfortable, loving home.
1. Is your home a comfortable safe haven for yourself and for others?
2. Have you allowed the healing power of nature in your home? If not, what can you do to bring a little green into your home?
3. Are you a trustworthy person? Do secrets and confidences stay with you or do they slip out (even just a little)? What can you do to create a safer atmosphere for those within your influence?
4. Can you accept others as they are (including their broken places) without judgement?
The Tarot has 4 Queens and each one is different in personality, outlook and expression. Which one are you? Take the survey to find out and post your results below!
Of course he is a King of Wands
Monday's draw up for your reflection is King of Wands. King of Wands embodies radiant charisma, outgoing athleticism, vibrant health, and bold and creative action. Men and women alike are drawn to the warmth this King radiates out to others; utterly confident in his decisions and approach he shines charm on others and dissipates insecurity, indecision and doubt as a natural leader.
King of Wands is action-oriented, often leaping in then figuring out the details as he goes along. He learns by doing and has no hesitation in taking a leadership role and going after what he wants. Sometimes you have to leap before you look, and this King? He is all about that.
1. What are you over-thinking instead of taking action on? What is truly stopping you?
2. Who needs your leadership, enthusiasm and radiant energy right now?
3. People tend to become more cautious and careful as they get older; think back to a time when you were filled with bright, creative energy; what can you do to embody more of that in your life today? Think back to a time when you were that person and ask yourself what you can do to be more of that now?
Wheel of the Year Tarot
Friday comes galloping in on a horse, full of passionate ideas and creative action. This Knight calls you to be daring, to take risks, to embrace change and throw caution to the wind. Bright, charismatic, and enthusiastic are all traits that this Knight embodies.
1. I have always wanted to do this... but I didn't because... I am going to commit to to trying something new by...
2. I remember a time when I had an adventure that was not planned, it was... and I felt... I endeavor to invite that into my life again by doing...
3. I need to take these risks in my life...
4. I am passionate about...and I am going to show it by...
For Tuesday's 5 minute Tarot Connection I pulled for us the Page of Wands. To me, the Page of Wands is active, fiery, lives in the moment, athletic, courageous, full of great ideas and enthusiasim and not one to be bogged down just yet with details, long term plans or fear. This page is expansive, kind and generous in his time and enthusiastic cheer leading of your efforts. This page is about being the party of YES, he will try just about anything once and is encouraging you to take the world by the horns go out into the world.
1. There is this idea that I have long been thinking about... I haven't started it because...
2. I need to get out there are try more things... here are a few from my bucket list...
3. When someone asks me to go somewhere spontaneously I react in the following ways...
4. Sometimes I get in my own way in terms of embracing a joyful life... I can commit to improving the following areas so that I truly experience joyful living...
For Today's card I pulled the first court card in the series... lo and behold it is my very own Queen of Wands. When the QofW enters our life it is a call to take on some of her personality traits and behaviors. This Queen successfully amalgamates intuition and intellect which is expressed in the world in a creative way. This Queen is positive, uplifting, dynamic, forward thinking, passionate, unconventional and always has a whole slew of projects to think about or tinker with.
1. I have this great idea that is...
2. I've always wanted to do th... and people might think I am a little crazy, but I just cant stop thinking about doing/making/creating....
3. When I think about... I feel so positive and hopeful.
Morgan Greer Tarot
The King of Wands loves to eat, drink and be merry and for him and many of the Wands clan, Italian varietals are best suited. A pampered vine makes for a bad vine and the best wines come from vines that are planted in dry, clay-like soil. In fact, some of the best vines thrive in soil that would be terrible for anything else. Like the Wands suit, the wines ascribed here like it hot and thrive in challenging yet opportunistic, conditions.
This King is talking animatedly about his next big project among friends at the table with a spicy tomato concoction and a lovely glass of Barbera. Barbera is the people’s wine of Italy and this King is no different being the most approachable King of them all. Not particularly fruity, a Barbera is a medium red spicy noted wine that is simple yet exceedingly well balanced. This is the ultimate table wine, working with food and complementing palates from across the taste spectrum. This is the wine of pouring for friends and hands in the area conversation. Try not to say no as this King pours you another generous serving while trying to talk you into funding his latest Great Idea.
By Pheonix Lu
This Queen, like her King, is full of ideas, possibilities and becoming the best we can be. As a result her wine is very well structured, uncomplicated being a hit with even those who are not very wine enthusiastic.
This Queen does enjoy the round bodied, full fruity nature of a good Malbec. This Queen is known for her sex appeal, not like the Cups languidness, but rather a quick chemistry: the flamenco dancer not the belly dancer; the seductress who leaves you wondering, "Who was THAT?" Full bodied and fruited the Malbec pays no attention to what the other wines are doing and is simply in a class of its own.
Not too complex and very easily drinkable this is the wine that many who do not like wine would enjoy. Expect to be poured a glass of this from the Lady herself as she draws from you your best performance yet.
Stephanie Law's Tarot
This Knight may very well be the funnest Knight out of the four. He enjoys a good challenge and can often be seen displaying his natural athleticism on the polo field with his trusted steed. In fact Wands were original polo sticks when the game crossed along the silk trade routes. The Europeans, never having seen or played Polo, changed the curved stick into a wand or Baton.
This Knight will quickly slake his thirst in between matches with a hearty, hot Nebbiolo. Not as fruity as a Malbec yet not as fruitless as a Barbera, the Nebbiolo carries hints of both his Queen and King's varietals but with a brighter, more energy finish. Nebbiolo is famously known for its rose notes and like the Knight there is a tannic heat not often covered up by malolactic fermentation. Our Knight CAN be rough around the edges sometimes but that's what comes from a passionate soul.
None of the Wands suit varietals have a heavy finish, these guys are not in any way nostalgic, they are always thinking of the next big thing a flash and gone again are the Wands and also the delightful Nebbiolo.
Druid Craft Tarot
Beaujolais is often the first drinkable wine of the year. It is truly a white wine disguised as a red it is fruity, liight and very refreshing just like this young page and her energetic ideas, creativity flitting among thoughts like a butterfly in a field the light and energetic Beaujolais keeps up with varied whims and fancies.
Esters of banana and even pear begin this light easily drinkable wine. Not super serious and more delightful as a result, our Page of Wands enjoys frolicking to the next dance, singing the next bawdy tune and hearing the interesting gossip of the village folk.
Simple and quaffable you and her will be enjoying a glass of this in between acts of the play she wrote, directed and starred in!
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!