Over time, I have learned to mark my calendar and back up my hard drive because it seems that the Mercury Retrograde seems to hit me hard. As a triple Gemini (sun, moon and mercury all in Gemini) I seem to get particularly hard hit during these times.
Last year, I had my laptop break, my car break down, the electrical wiring in my house collapse all costing me over 5k in repairs!
For me, the retrograde of Mercury is no joke and I appear to feel its effects about a week before it actually goes in rewind.
Mercury is about to move backwards on June 7th and lasting throughout the rest of the month. Remember what I said about it hitting me early? Well, I fell down the stairs a few days ago and sprained BOTH ankles!
When Mercury is in retrograde we may experience snafus in communication with others, problems with travel, and electrical equipment failures. Go gently, back up your work, and of course, get a Tarot reading about it!
Mercury Retrograde Spread
Read the Spread is read right to left
1. Will the retrograde affect my communication with others?
2. Will the retrograde affect my electronics?
3. Will the retrograde affect my travel?
If any of these is a positive response then proceed with further clarifying questions.
To help you with your reading I have conducted a spread on moi:
Using the Wild Uknown I proceeded to ask the questions below and got:
1. Justice for Communication (looks like there are no issues in this area this time around...yay)
2. Judgement reversed for electronics (uh oh looks like a problem here! The Wild Uknown showing me the Judgement card which has birds leads me to believe it is most likely a car issue-- something that affects movement)
3. Ace of Pentacles reversed is definately giving me further insight since this question covered travel and Ace pf Pentacles reversed is often a loss of money, i.e. more expensive repairs! grrr.
Cut a hole in the box... oh, wait... wrong instructions, ahem...
Cross the first card with this second, action card, this can be none or all three depending on your initial responses.
1. What can I do to block the effect of the retrograde in this area?
Pulling aside the two 'trouble cards' I then cross them with the blocking element, what can I do to block this energy? Chariot crossing Judgement FURTHER indicates that this is going to be a car issue or travel related break down of some sort and 10 of swords crossing the Ace is basically my deck shaking his head and saying,
"Girl you are not going to get out of this so do not buy those shoes, inflate your savings account! Check your AAA membership. too!" Sometimes there really isn't much we CAN do, but the heads up is very helpful.
Finally pull 3 more cards below the initial card and the crossed card as the final outcome
1. What will be the outcome of the affected area once I take minimizing actions?
First I have the Sun, the Devil, and finally 6 of Wands: While it is an annoying inconvenience it really does work out in the end without too much heartache. I have been thinking to get a new car for awhile now, and I believe that is the function of the Devil in this layout.
Second, Page of wands (that's me I am usually Page or Queen depending), 4 of wands and Strength: further reinforcing that I will be really just fine, no personal harm done and it should all be ship shape by the end of the retrograde.
While there was nothing I could really "do" in the context of this reading, it is helpful to know what I need to be aware of so now at least it will not be such a glaring surprise.
There you have it, my Mercury Retrograde spread! Do share the results of your spread in the comments below. I hope the retrograde goes easy for you!
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!