1. To temper: to dilute, qualify, or soften by the addition or influence of something else.
2. Temperance: moderation in action, thought, or feeling, restraint.
Temperance in the Tarot usually shows a person or an angel mixing two substances together. This is not a slap dash throwing together but a careful, measured, steady combination of ingredients. Today's card is one of the major Virtues included in the deck and calls us to moderate our actions, speech and influence; to take the middle path, to seek harmony over individuation with a soft touch and an calm manner.
1. I feel a little out of control about... I need to reign in my impulse to...
2. I am dealing with a delicate situation that calls for... the qualities about myself that I am using to manage it are...
3. I have a hard time being moderate about... and if affects me in the following ways...
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!