4/wands is often called completion. Perhaps that opportunity, that relationship, a job or so on has reached a new level of stability and understanding and now you can take a deep breath and celebrate the milestone you have achieved. Perhaps your friends and family are there to recognize your success with you, welcoming you home with garlands of flowers you enjoy this joyous carefree time.
Success of this type can often mean attaining something that is true to who you are and the feeling is expansive. When we feel expansive and open we might also feel carefree, excited and open minded.
If you do not feel you are at this point yet in regards to an aspect of your life, visioning this time later on in your daily meditations will help its actual manifestation into your life.
1. Do you allow yourself to celebrate your successes? Do you take compliments and attention from those who love you well, or do you turn the praise aside?
2. What are you working on that is an expression of your truth?
3. Do you visualize the act of completion and celebration now? Is your mind tuned towards positive outcomes or negative worries in regards to this project?
4. What will completion of this project look like for you?
3/wands speaks to the part of ourselves who are the leaders, the dreamers, who see long term opportunities down the road. Look out across the far horizon and see what opportunities are in store for you.
3/wands indicates a time of continued growth, strategic long term visioning and stepping back to see the forest for the trees especially in terms of work, projects, and all kinds of creative endeavors.
Expansion is possible but keep a keen eye on the overarching tone and message of your expression. Make sure everything is in alignment for your continued success. 3/wands can also indicate a time when we are focusing too much on small details.
1. I have been overly focusing on these details but I am not sure how they are connected to the overall view of my success...
2. When I think about next steps for my personal growth, this is the plan I would like to implement for myself.
3. Sometimes what I want and what I do are not in alignment. Here are some areas of my life that I need to change so that they are in alignment with what I ultimately want for myself.
4. This is where I am heading...
It takes great courage to face opposition and stand your ground. Fighting for our truth against a sea of others united against you is so romantic, so difficult and yet so beautiful that it is the premise of 90% of the stories coming out of Hollywood.
The challenge of the individual is truly an enduring story that Americans love hearing because it is part of the American cultural topography.
7/wands is about holding your ground, being defiant in the face of adversity and fighting off those who seek to gain what you have worked so hard for.
While it is something we all love to hear about, the underdog-hero fighting against great opposition, we often do not commit to speaking our truth when our own feet are put to the fire. Many times the pressure to conform or give in is so great that we do not feel it is worth the fight.
One of my favorite quotes (though I do not know who coined it) is, "Which hill do you want to die on?" By picking our battles, fighting for what is truly important to us, and letting go of other petty squabbles we gain in nobler qualities such as discernment, wisdom and self knowledge.
1. What disagreements are you currently engaged in that you really should let go of?
2. In what areas of your life do you need to take more of a stand? What is stopping you from doing so?
3. In the areas where you need to take a stand, what are you prepared to lose? What is worth the fight?
4. How do you deal with bullies, passive aggressive or controlling behaviour by others?
Of course he is a King of Wands
Monday's draw up for your reflection is King of Wands. King of Wands embodies radiant charisma, outgoing athleticism, vibrant health, and bold and creative action. Men and women alike are drawn to the warmth this King radiates out to others; utterly confident in his decisions and approach he shines charm on others and dissipates insecurity, indecision and doubt as a natural leader.
King of Wands is action-oriented, often leaping in then figuring out the details as he goes along. He learns by doing and has no hesitation in taking a leadership role and going after what he wants. Sometimes you have to leap before you look, and this King? He is all about that.
1. What are you over-thinking instead of taking action on? What is truly stopping you?
2. Who needs your leadership, enthusiasm and radiant energy right now?
3. People tend to become more cautious and careful as they get older; think back to a time when you were filled with bright, creative energy; what can you do to embody more of that in your life today? Think back to a time when you were that person and ask yourself what you can do to be more of that now?
The Alchemical Tarot
Today's final draw for the week is the 9/Wands. 9/Wands reflects perseverance in the face of adversity, stamina to overcome obstacles, careful and defensive maneuvers. 9/Wands encourages you to remain steadfast and disciplined as you finish the last leg of a race, finish out that job you hate and leave with dignity, to remain committed to your goals and know that this final test is a big one, and what you have been working so hard for is just around the corner.
We tend to repeat lessons until we learn them and some of the lessons are hard. 9/Wands is another card that tempers your resolve by placing challenges in your way, and to warn you of a battle on the horizon. Whether you pass the test has to do with how hard you are willing to work and how much you, ultimately, believe you are capable of. 9/Wands is a gamechanger; walk the fire and come out on the other side.
1. When faced with adversity, what do you do and how has that served you?
2. Think back to times where you were sorely challenged and you persevered, what skills/
attitudes/headgame did you play that made you successful?
3. 9/Wands is a challenge card, what needs your discipline and resolve in
your life right now?
Thursday brings us 2/wands for your 5 minute Tarot Connection. Almost every card picked this week has carried the tone of forward momentum. Today is no different as the 2/wands calls you to make plans, being decisive and prospecting your future.
Sometimes we delay our aspirations because we are not sure which one to choose. Ambiguity and fear of making the wrong decision encase us in the ice of indecision and uncertainty. 2/wands calls you to trust yourself and begin visioning/intention setting. All momentum needs to be shaped and strengthened into intention. Just like a water wheel, it is important to direct the flow of your personal energy so that it is working for you and not being fittered away into distractions that hold no promise for your goals.
1. This is one goal I am making... here is the three (or 5) step plan I am creating to that I reach my goal...
2. I invision this..... I intend to...
3. This is when I will know I am actively working to create my goals... this is when I am being distracted again... if I get distracted I am going to refocus by...
8/Wands is one of my favorite Tarot cards. The principle behind this card is fast action, things coming to a conclusion, and messages of all kinds but particularly communication which definitively settles an issue.This is only card (besides the Aces) in a traditional deck that do not have any people in it. Movement & communication outside of ego is the key message of this card. We often allow our ego, anxiety, and fear create blockages that stop us from fully expressing our truth. 8/Wands calls you to just, "Git-R-done"! Get moving because with this card, the Universe is the wind in your sail pushing you along.
1. Where does the momentum currently reside in your life?
2. Are you resisting the momentum or going with the flow?
3. What issue are you currently working on that will settle an issue in your life?
4. Are you allowing your ego (pride, worry, anxiety, fear) get in the way? What does that look like and why are you allowing it?
Wheel of the Year Tarot
Friday comes galloping in on a horse, full of passionate ideas and creative action. This Knight calls you to be daring, to take risks, to embrace change and throw caution to the wind. Bright, charismatic, and enthusiastic are all traits that this Knight embodies.
1. I have always wanted to do this... but I didn't because... I am going to commit to to trying something new by...
2. I remember a time when I had an adventure that was not planned, it was... and I felt... I endeavor to invite that into my life again by doing...
3. I need to take these risks in my life...
4. I am passionate about...and I am going to show it by...
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
All that hard work is paying off, isn't it? 6 of Wands is the card of victory, success, being on top, being recognized for your hard efforts and celebrating your accomplishments. Too often we do not celebrate our accomplishments; eager to check the next thing off of our list or to solve the next problem at hand we forget to bask in the glow of winning. Take the compliment graciously, enjoy the moment of accomplishment; allow your tribe to sing your praises with grace and pride in all that you have done, you deserve it!
For women accepting compliments, basking in the glow of success is a difficult thing. We are socialized to be more humble, to downplay our successes, to seek group harmony over getting well-deserved praise. We often think that if we just accept the praise then we will be seen as 'vain'. This is an area that I think women especially, need to work on.
1. When I am complimented I handle it by...
2. I am learning to be a gracious victor by...
3. I succeeded at doing... and I will celebrate my success by...
4. I am learning to take credit for my accomplishments in the following ways...
I tend to like 5 of Wands, but then again I do like a healthy round of competition. 5 of Wands can mean conflict but it can also mean pitting yourself against setbacks, delays, people. If we are never challenged, we never grow. It can also mean that you need to stand up for yourself or in something you believe in. But with 5 of wands the question usually is; which hill do you want to die on? Pick your battles strategically and make your words and deeds count.
1. At work my competition seems to be... I am meeting the challenge by...
2. The following disputes are in play right now... the one I am going to choose to defend is... and I will do that by...
3. How do you feel about competition, does it fill you with energy or with dread? How do you respond to conflict?
Subscribe below to get my daily blog posts right in your email!